Crime too close to home
So as Dylan and I were driving to his house we heard about some crazy story about a guy who shot 6 people and then turned the gun on himself in here in my lovely adopted hometown on Seattle.
As some of you may remember, I've blogged here before about my borderline unhealthy obsession with crime. I haven't stopped reading crime stories, as I instructed myself to do back in October. So after hearing about this story, I immediately went online to find out more. It ends up this shooting was close to my house. Pretty spooky stuff. My house is at 27th and Denny. The shootings were at 21st and Republican. My neighborhood is pretty quiet, considering I am one mile from downtown Seattle and all the divine heathenism that entails.
Either way, I wouldn't trade in the awesome Capitol Hill neighborhood I live and work in for anything. But still, kinda crazy how close to home this story is. Maybe I should heed to advice I dispensed to myself in October and take a break from all this crazy crime business.


3 Comments:
I heard about this on the radio this morning and FREAKED OUT. So glad you're safe.
Yeah, it's always kind of weird to hear about such awful stuff happening. But I still feel safe and I still like my quiet neighborhood, despite being within 10 blocks of such a horrible story. But I guess you can't let a rotten apple spoil the bunch.
this has nothing to do with your blog, which was shocking by the way, but I just want to tell you that I have embraced your decision to leave myspace and will mark this page on my tool bar. I am glad that you have a blog. I didn't know that myspace was changing.
Post a Comment
<< Home