Holiday Recap
This holiday season is proving to not be as bad as some past.
Christmas eve was fun. I went to visit with my Grandpa for a bit and then we headed over to my Uncle Paul's house. The first person to see me was my Aunt Nancy and she just looked at me like I was a ghost or something. Amusement abounded, particularly after seeing my "little" cousins. I remember when they were babies and whiny toddlers and now they both are so big and adult. It's a trip.
Christmas morning was spent at my Aunt Beth's house. That was both awesome and devestatingly depressing. Since I saw her last, a seemingly dreary cloud has dumped itself in her lap. Her husband's eye got into a fight with a paintball and lost, leaving him incapable of working. Seeing her in such delapitated surroundings was certainly jilting, but she has found some type of respite in her family and her newly religious side, so all is not lost. I spent a lot of time being completely awe-struck by cousins Brent and Connor. I lived with them for a short period of time and developed a very close relationship that they both still remember. Insane.
The drive home in the afternoon was a lot of me reflecting on my family and what I have missed by living so far away from them. It certainly isn't something I regret. My family has many ghosts and many flaws, but I love every single one of them without any doubt or question in my mind. It was nice to feel that because it has been so long.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home