insert: clever and witty remark

sometimes resembling something interesting.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I just can't get enough

In 9 days I will be hauling myself, a boyfriend, a best friend, two dogs and a ton of clothing, furniture, books and music to Seattle. Wow. And I have 2 1/2 working days left. Not that I am counting or anything.

Now my original intention with this blog entry was to go on and on about the Depeche Mode show I saw in San Jose. The most notable thing to me was watching Dave Gahan ran around without his shirt on while gyrating and being sweaty and much hotter in real life than I expected. I liked their spacey (a la 1970's sci-fi movies) set. They played a nice mix of old and new stuff (though I was disappointed nothing off Exciter). The crowd was an interesting hodgepodge of folks: older yuppies, older goths, younger goths, younger hipsters, nondescript nerds, and dance-pop types. While describing this to Dylan, he has a good point about Depeche Mode's music: it's not quite New Wave, it's not quite Goth/Industrial, it's not quite dance-pop, it's not quite pop, it's just...it. Whatever that may be.

Anyhoo, I'm off to milk more company time by searching for a job, doing a phone interview, stealing boxes, nosing around people's blogs, and balancing my checkbook.

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's WEDNESDAY!

Happy Unemployment! See you soon. ;)

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, sweets! I hope you're having a wonderful day and are getting *even more* excited about your big move!!!

Love Lesley (mad with jealousy)

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where, oh, where has lovie gone? Is she now re-lo'd safely to Seattle? When will get the full blow-by-blow? We miss you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home