TV-less and happy
How come I didn't hear about this horrible earthquake in Pakistan? Or about the beatings in New Orleans? Or about how Taylor Behl was found dead in Virginia? Oh right, because I don't have a TV. Or internet at home.
Not having TV isn't so bothersome. I find ways to occupy my time, mostly by reading comics or talking to my roommates or just laying in my bed in silence. It's nice to have a de-cluttered mind. I never would have thought it would be so refreshing. When I met up with Pat yesterday (to finish some paperwork), we actually talked about how the lack of TV has improved both of our relationships. It made me realize how unhealthy it was that we would sit there in total silence for hours without interacting at all. I suppose I am chalking that up to another advantage of being TV-less.
I do feel a bit excessively removed from the world since I don't have internet at home. But with the move coming up it seemed stupid to set it up. And plus I get to internet while being at work. So here's to a partial winter of reading and talking and listening and napping and peace and quiet. That is, until it's time to start packing. Then enter chaos.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home