insert: clever and witty remark

sometimes resembling something interesting.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

State I'm In

I'm sitting here listening to The Books Lost and Safe thinking about how wonderful I feel despite how my life looks on paper. It's nice to look life in the eyes and say "You pulled your best punches, but fuck you I'm fine."

On a better note I am going to see 13 & God tomorrow as a belated birthday present from Dylan and we're making a side-trip to Comic Relief which is our last hurrah before buckling down on the budget to prepare for the move. It will be nice to get away from Santa Rosa for a minute and get this week behind me.

As I stumbled around hurriedly to get ready this morning all I wanted was a cup of warm apple cider, to sit in a window seat, and look down below to this street:





It was so real, I could almost smell the croissants baking and hear the people talking and feel the brisk fall air. But instead, I was spacing out in traffic in my piece of shit truck on my way to my lame job feeling the brisk fall air. I hope being a dreamer will pay off someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home