insert: clever and witty remark

sometimes resembling something interesting.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Musings

I love the smell of raindrops, the sound of leaves crunching under my feet, the smell of fireplaces roaring, the warmth of wearing multiple layers of clothes, and the smell of my famous nutmeg muffins baking in the oven. I love fall. Each season has their good and bad points, but I can't really think of anything bad to say about fall. It rocks. Perhaps I'm feeling all this hippie granola nature-loving crap because I had to walk to Emily's work today to get her car. It only took about 20 minutes, but man it was awesome. With four layers of clothes (two of which of the jacket variety) and a scarf, I set out for my jaunt to Starbucks. While it was a source of dread originally, it turned out to be a rather pleasant way to wake up at 7 am.

In contrast, the reason why I was walking to Emily's work is a source of great stress. My truck, rather comically, has sprung a sizable leak from it's engine. I found this out on Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of Best Buy. After putting in a radiator leak plugging solution, I poured a gallon of water into my radiator. Not 30 seconds later did a powerful stream coming shooting out of my engine block. Since it was such a funny problem with my car, I thought something stupid like plugging the hole with my gum would stop the leak. It didn't work. Oh well, life's a bitch but we have to keep on trucking.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can see the leak, there's this stuff called JB Weld (it's an epoxy compound) that you can smear on it. Clean the area well with steel wool, douse with alcohol (to remove any oil and dust) and glob it on...

Not the best fix, but it'll work. There's also this stuff called Sodium Silicate. The stuff that super balls are made from... If you put a quart of that in your radiator, it'll find the leak and plug it. Worked for a blown head gasket my uncle had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home