Fast Times
Sorry for the sparse updates. I promise as soon as boxes are unpacked and the requisite Ikea trip is completed all of you will see the new place and get our contact information and whatnot. This will all be via email of course, since there are lurkers in this wild place we call the interweb.
In the meantime, I've been busy playing and seeing and doing, as usual. The latest event occurred last night. The place? Re-bar, in downtown Seattle. The event? Seattle's own Spelling Bee. In a bar. With drinking. It was HEAVEN. The people? Dylan and Valarie and we ran into Timm and Melissa, which is always welcomed and surprising. Why? Cause some of us can spell and drink at the same time. It's a special trick. It was a full on geek fest, and fun as hell. It made me realize my spelling skills are a bit rusty and I should probably start doing the New York Times crosswords rather than the Seattle times, to beef up my vocabulary. Either that, or not down four martinis while trying to spell Aesopian.
In other news, I've changed jobs. It's a higher paying position (the difference in pay covers my rent! woot!) with the same level of work and responsibility I have now. I start on the 17th, which is a couple days shy of my big 27th birthday, so it feels appropriate for new beginnings and whatnot.
And this Sunday, I'm finally dragging my lazy ass to get my hair cut by Kathleen at Vain. I've heard awesome things about the salon and I've sacrificed many many months of no haircuts (since the end of November, to be exact) so I could do it right with a good stylist. Plus, in true nerd fashion, I've been to the salon before for a comic art gallery showing, so I am comfortable with their cool factor.
Okay, I should probably go give my notice to my employers and watch them combust (if all goes as plan - fuck this place). Wish me luck.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home